This course covers the COVID-19 vaccines available in New Zealand, including safety, efficacy, eligibility, administration, and strategies for promoting vaccination.
Completion of this course on the specifics of COVID-19 vaccines is a prerequisite for becoming a COVID-19 vaccinator. It aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to administer these vaccines safely and effectively and provide you with strategies for promoting vaccination.
• Are a fully authorised vaccinator (or working towards) OR
• A provisionally authorised vaccinator OR
• Are a Pharmacist Vaccinator (including interns) OR
• A RN or En ,working under prescription or standing orders
• A health care professional student eg Nursing Student, working under supervision using prescription or standing order OR
• Are a registered health professional with prescribing rights.
1. COVID-19 infection
2. Comirnaty 30mcg and 15/15mcg grey cap vaccines
3. Comirnaty 10mcg orange cap vaccine
4. Comirnaty 3mcg maroon cap vaccine
5. Nuvaxovid, recombinant COVID-19 vaccine
6. Practical aspects and cold chain
The course provides 3 hours of continuing professional development. On completion, you can print out a certificate as evidence of learning.