Immunisation Education Facilitator/0800 Nurse Advisor Central Region
The Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC)
- Enhance your career in immunisation and child health
- Provide education and training
- Contribute to improving immunisation rates
- 0.8-1.0 FTE position based in Wellington Central office
- Supportive organisation with good staff benefits
The Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC) is based within UniServices, a research, consulting and contracting company wholly owned by The University of Auckland. IMAC educates health professionals and provides practical immunisation advice, based on international and New Zealand medical research.
We are seeking an experienced New Zealand registered nurse who is an authorised vaccinator and has practical experience of working with health professionals in immunisation and /or child health. Experience in education, including online education, Well Child service delivery and/or telehealth would be an advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- delivering evidence-based education to ensure continuing competency of the vaccinator workforce/Well Child Tamariki Ora workforce
- supporting health providers to undertake and complete vaccinator training and improve their immunisation knowledge towards improving immunisation rates
- providing telephone immunisation advice and support to health providers and public.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your immunisation knowledge, education and communication skills in the immunisation and child health field. A full NZ driving license is essential.