IMAC holds a National Immunisation Workshop each year. The workshop programme is designed for front-line vaccinators, health care workers and immunisation coordinators. The workshops are a mixture of speaker presentations and concurrent group discussions. The topics tend to focus on practical aspects of service delivery and communication, but there are also clinical and technical updates.
Every second year, the workshop is combined with the National Immunisation Conference. The conference has a more academic focus, presenting recent research from areas of immunology, vaccinology, policy development and other topics. The conference attendees are usually a mix of workshop attendees and additional health professional, local and central government staff. The biennial combination IMAC workshop/conference will resume in 2022.
Both the workshop and conference attract international speakers and attendees. They are excellent opportunities to network with your local, national and international colleagues. We vary the location of the workshop and conferences to allow different regions of New Zealand, but always with airport access from major cities.
Other seminars and symposia, such as the Influenza Symposium and Well Child Symposium are also regular events.
Registrations are now closed for the 2021 National Immunisation Workshop on 18th & 19th November in New Plymouth
*Please note that the remaining Well Child Tamariki Ora Symposiums for 2021 are paused based on guidance form the Ministry of Health, who have a number of WCTO-related actions planned over the next 6 months as a result of the review. Along with the pressure of the COVID vaccination schedule, we are mindful of the potential burden on WCTO providers over this time.*
Please follow the links below to access the programme and content from past conferences, workshops and symposia.
- 2021 NZ Influenza and COVID-19 Symposium Tuesday, 2 March 2021
- Well Child Tamariki Ora Conference and pre-Conference Workshop
- 2020: Webinar on 1 October Immunisation Schedule changes: 24 September.
- 2020: Immunisation Workshop (held on Zoom) 10 September and 11 September (Click here to see recordings)
- 2020: Well Child Tamariki Ora Symposium 27 August Christchurch (moved to Zoom) (Click here to see recordings)
- 2020: 20 February, New Zealand Influenza Symposium
- 2019: Well Child Symposium, 14 November, Hamilton
- 2019: Well Child Symposium, 24 October, Dunedin
- 2019: 11th NZ Immunisation Conference and pre-conference Workshop
- 2019: Well Child Symposium, 5 June Palmerston North
- 2019: Well Child Symposium, 13 March, Auckland.
- 2019: 5th New Zealand Influenza Symposium, 21 February, Wellington
- 2018: Well Child Symposium, 8 November, Rotorua
- 2018: Immunisation Workshop, 13 September, Auckland
- 2018: Well Child Symposium, 16th August, Christchurch
- 2018: 4th New Zealand Influenza Symposium, 8th February, Wellington
- 2017: Well Child symposium
- 2017: 10th NZ Immunsation Conference & pre-conference Workshop
- 2016: New Zealand Influenza Symposium, 2 November, Wellington
- 2016: National Immunisation Workshop, Auckland
- 2015: 2nd NZ Influenza Symposium, 11th November,Wellington
- 2015: 9th New Zealand Immunisation Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop
- 2014: Inaugural New Zealand influenza Symposium
- 2014: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2013: 8th NZ Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2012: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2011: 7th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2010: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2009: 6th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2008: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2007: 5th New Zealand National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2006: National Immunisation Symposium