This approved online course is for health professionals who deliver all-of-life vaccines wishing to renew their vaccinator status and/or update their immunisation knowledge. This is the approved course for those seeking to renew their vaccinator status. The course provides up-to-date information on immunisation theory, practice and policy at a national and local level to help you maintain appropriate competencies to vaccinate safely within your scope of practice. Content in this course covers vaccination across the lifespan. Vaccinator education must be updated 2 yearly in line with your authorisation letter.
This course takes approximately 3.5 to 4* hours of online study which can be completed at your own pace over multiple sessions if necessary. There is no tutorial requirement. You will then complete an online open-book assessment in your own time. Your certificate will be made available online upon completion of all course requirements.
*Note that the estimated time is based on the core coursework. Accessing suggested optional reading will increase the estimated time to complete.
• Vaccine safety
• Current issues and developments in vaccination theory and practice
• Improving immunisation coverage
• Current Annual Practising Certificate
• Current involvement in immunisation service delivery
• Knowledge and familiarity with the current Immunisation Handbook
• Familiarity with the following Immunisation Handbook sections:
- Chapter 2: Processes for safe immunisation
- Appendices 3 and 4:
- Immunisation standards for vaccinators and guidelines for organisations offering immunisation services
- Authorisation of vaccinators and criteria for pharmacist vaccinators.
The course provides 4 hours of continuing professional development. On completion, you can print out a certificate as evidence of learning.