This VUC is approved for those seeking to renew their vaccinator status. The course provides up-to-date information on immunisation theory, practice an policy at a national and local level to help you maintain appropriate competencies to vaccinate safely within your scope of practice.
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Current involvement inimmunisation service delivery
- Knowledge and familiarity with the current Immunisation Handbook
- Familiarity with the following Immunisation Handbook sections:
- Chapter 2: Processes for safe immunisation
- Appendices 3 and 4
- Immunisation standards for vaccinators and criteria for pharmacist vaccinators
- Authorisation of vaccinators and criteria for pharmacist vaccinators
We continue to encourage the use of face masks at IMAC courses, particularly where physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
This course consists of a 3.5-hour tutorial in a classroom setting. You will then complete an online open-book assessment in your own time. Your certificate will be available online upon completion of all coursework requirements.