This VUC is approved for those seeking to renew their vaccinator status. The course provides up-to-date information on immunisation theory, practice and policy at both a national and local level. Attending this course will allow you maintain appropriate competencies to vaccinate safely within your scope of practice.
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Current involvement in immunisation service delivery
- Knowledge and familiarity with the current Immunisation Handbook
- Familiarity with the following Immunisation Handbook sections:
- Chapter 2: Processes for safe immunisation
- Appendices 3 and 4:
- Immunisation standards for vaccinators and criteria for pharmacist vaccinators
- Authorisation of vaccinators and criteria for pharmacist vaccinators
This course consists of a 3.5 hour tutorial in a classroom setting. You will then complete an online open-book assessment in your own time. Your certificate will be available online upon completion of all coursework requirements.