This course provides midwives with immunisation knowledge relevant to their practice including the National Immunisation Schedule changes, vaccine composition, safety of vaccines in pregnancy, administration of vaccines and talking with parents about vaccines. This event is approved as continuing midwifery education by the Midwifery Council.
This online vaccination course is tailored specifically for midwives. It will equip midwives with essential knowledge and skills to confidently administer vaccinations, ensuring the well-being of both wāhine hapū and pēpē in their care.
• The immune systems of wāhine hapū (pregnant person) and pēpē (baby).
• Vaccine-preventable diseases.
• The National Immunisation Schedule and immunisation across the lifespan.
• Vaccine composition, storage and safety.
• Immunisation communication and coverage.
• Vaccine administration.
There is also an Assessment quiz and a Next steps module.
The course provides 8 hours of continuing professional development. On completion, you can print out a certificate as evidence of learning.