This is the core education course for all authorised vaccinators, pharmacist vaccinators and provisional vaccinators wanting to prepare and administer any vaccines within the COVID-19 Immunisation Programme. It includes specific focus on the Comirnaty 30mcg grey cap and Comirnaty 15/15mcg grey cap vaccines. You will also need to complete the additional vaccine specific course if you are going to administer Comirnaty Orange cap (5 - 11 yrs) or Nuvaxovid. Those administering Comirnaty Maroon need to watch the Comirnaty Maroon webinar recording
Note: COVID-19 vaccinators working under supervision and vaccinating health workers are not eligible to complete this course and will need to complete the VHW specific education we provide.
You are a health professional and have a current Annual Practising Certificate (APC), or a health professional in the process of gaining a current APC.
- Are an authorised or provisionally authorised vaccinator
- Are a pharmacist vaccinator or pharmacist intern vaccinator
- Are an registered health professional with precribing rights.
Note: An eligibility check must be completed at the start of the course.
There are two components.
1. Comirnaty30mcg and 15/15mcg grey cap vaccines
· Comirnaty 30mcg and Comirnaty 15/15mcg
· Delivery and storage
· Vaccine preparation and administration
· SARS-CoV-2 andCOVID-19 infection
· Comirnaty vaccination safety and regulations
2. Working with the COVID Immunisation Register