National Library Auditorium
Corner of Molesworth and Aitken Streets
Tuesday, 2 March 2021: 8:45 am to 5:00 pm
As New Zealand prepares to roll out both the influenza and COVID immunisation programmes, the 2021 Influenza Symposium will also include presentations about COVID.
In the morning we will focus on influenza including a look at the upcoming season, the vaccines, immunisation for Māori and development of a new promotional campaign. In the afternoon we will address COVID. The specifics of this section are still being determined. It will likely include information about the immunisation programme rollout, the vaccines and the communication strategy.
As we develop the programme, we’ll provide further details.
We anticipate a lot of interest in attending the Symposium, and have therefore made participation possible in the following ways:
- in person at the National Library Auditorium (capacity: 140 attendees)
- via Zoom webinar (capacity: 500 attendees)
- via a recording of the day, which will be available for free, on our website 2 week afterwards.
Registrations have closed
Start time 8.45am
9:00 - 10:40 SESSION 1: New Zealand Influenza programmes
- 2020 & 2021 Influenza Immunisation Programmes
- Māori Influenza Vaccination Programme
- Turuki Health Care – 2020 influenza immunisation delivery
- Q&A session
11.00 – 12:45 SESSION 2: 2021 promotional campaign and vaccines
- Quick look back & rebranding consultation process
- The new brand under development
- Delivering 2021 influenza vaccines
- Burden of flu in the elderly & FLUAD
13.30 – 15.00 SESSION 3: COVID immunisation: the bigger picture
- COVID immunisation strategy and delivery for NZ: MOH strategy and operational matters.
- COVID vaccines for NZ: a brief overview
- How to deliver COVID vaccines to NZ: communication strategy
15.20 – 16.30 SESSION 4: Delivering COVID vaccines
- COVID vaccination workforce education and strategy
- Education re COVID vaccine delivery
- Panel - Managing influenza and COVID programmes side-by-side