IMAC holds an Immunisation Workshop every year. The one day workshop programme is designed for front-line vaccinators, health care workers and immunisation coordinators. The workshops are a mixture of speaker presentations and concurrent group discussions. The topics tend to focus on practical aspects of service delivery and communication, but there are also clinical and technical updates. Please scroll down this page for 2014 flyer and registration form.
Every second year, the workshop is combined with the National Immunisation Conference. The conference has a more academic focus, presenting recent research from areas of immunology, vaccinology, policy development and other topics. The conference attendees are usually a mix of workshop attendess and additional health professional, local and central government staff.
Both the workshop and conference attract international speakers and attendees. They are excellent opportunities to network with your local, national and international colleagues. We vary the location of the workshop and conferences to allow different regions of New Zealand, but always with airport access from major cities.
The 9th New Zealand Immunisation Conference and pre-conference Workshop
3–5 September 2015
The conference and workshop will be held at the Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) in Hamilton. Our key note speaker is Dr Noni MacDonald, Professor of Paediatrics (Infectious Diseases) at Dalhousie University and the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Canada. She is a former Dean of Medicine at Dalhousie University and has a special interest in vaccine safety, hesitancy and demand.
The conference website with more information, a call for abstracts and participant registration will be available soon.
Please follow the links below to access the programme and content from past conferences.
- 2014: Inaugural New Zealand influenza Symposium
- 2014: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2013: 8th NZ Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2012: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2011: 7th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2010: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2009: 6th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2008: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2007: 5th New Zealand National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2006: National Immunisation Symposium