IMAC holds an Immunisation Workshop every year. The workshop programme is designed for front-line vaccinators, health care workers and immunisation coordinators. The workshops are a mixture of speaker presentations and concurrent group discussions. The topics tend to focus on practical aspects of service delivery and communication, but there are also clinical and technical updates.
Every second year, the workshop is combined with the National Immunisation Conference. The conference has a more academic focus, presenting recent research from areas of immunology, vaccinology, policy development and other topics. The conference attendees are usually a mix of workshop attendess and additional health professional, local and central government staff.
Both the workshop and conference attract international speakers and attendees. They are excellent opportunities to network with your local, national and international colleagues. We vary the location of the workshop and conferences to allow different regions of New Zealand, but always with airport access from major cities.
2017 IMAC Professional Development Days
11 May 2017 9.30am to 4pm
The University of Auckland Tamaki Campus, St Johns
12 May 2017 9.30am to 4pm
Miramar Links Conference & Function Centre, Miramar
- 2017 National Immunisation Schedule changes
- Cold chain, including moderation of assessments
- A World Health Organization Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) update from Nikki Turner
A provisional programme is expected to be available towards the end of March.
Visit our Professional Development Days webpage to download a flyer for your wokplace, register online and pay by credit card, or download a printable registration form.
10th New Zealand Immunisation Conference and Pre-Conference Workhop
Save the date
The Conference and Workshop will be held on 7–9 September 2017 at Rutherford House, Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand. Our invited speakers include:
- Steve Black, Paediatric Infectious Diseases Physician at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Peter Hotez, President of the Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington
- Helen Marshall, Deputy Director of the Robinson Research Institute at the University of Adelaide
- Litiana Volavola, National EPI Programme Coordinator at the Ministry of Health, Fiji
The 10th New Zealand Immunisation Conference Academic Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work. Abstracts can be submitted for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster, in the following themes:
- Immunisation programmes and policy
- Immunisation coverage and service delivery
- Vaccine preventable diseases and vaccine effectiveness
- Vaccine safety
- Media and communication
Abstract submissions close Friday June 30th at 8:00 pm NZT.
'Early bird' registrations are expected to open soon. Further details will be placed on the conference website nzimmsconference.co.nz as they become available.
Click here to download and print a Save the date for your noticeboard at work.
Please follow the links below to access the programme and content from past conferences.
- 2016: New Zealand influenza Symposium, 2 November, Wellington
- 2016: National Immunisation Workshop, Auckland
- 2015: 2nd NZ Influenza Symposium, 11th November, Wellington
- 2015: 9th New Zealand Immunisation Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop
- 2014: Inaugural New Zealand influenza Symposium
- 2014: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2013: 8th NZ Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2012: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2011: 7th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2010: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2009: 6th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2008: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2007: 5th New Zealand National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2006: National Immunisation Symposium