IMAC holds an Immunisation Workshop every year. The workshop programme is designed for front-line vaccinators, health care workers and immunisation coordinators. The workshops are a mixture of speaker presentations and concurrent group discussions. The topics tend to focus on practical aspects of service delivery and communication, but there are also clinical and technical updates.
Every second year, the workshop is combined with the National Immunisation Conference. The conference has a more academic focus, presenting recent research from areas of immunology, vaccinology, policy development and other topics. The conference attendees are usually a mix of workshop attendess and additional health professional, local and central government staff.
Both the workshop and conference attract international speakers and attendees. They are excellent opportunities to network with your local, national and international colleagues. We vary the location of the workshop and conferences to allow different regions of New Zealand, but always with airport access from major cities.
New Zealand influenza Symposium (NZiS)
Wednesday 2nd November 2016
10am to 4pm
University of Otago, Wellington
Presented by the Immunisation Advisory Centre with support from the University of Otago. Registrations are now open.
Read about the 2015 NZiS in:
What’s new with the flu? Reflections regarding the management and prevention of influenza from the 2nd New Zealand Influenza Symposium, November 2015. Charania N, Mansoor O, Murfitt D, Turner N. N Z Med J. 2016;129(1441):54-62.
You can now also register and pay online by credit card for the influenza Symposium. Please go to the Education & Training page and scroll to the bottom for payment information.
Please follow the links below to access the programme and content from past conferences.
- 2016: National Immunisation Workshop, Auckland
- 2015: 2nd NZ Influenza Symposium, 11th November,Wellington
- 2015: 9th New Zealand Immunisation Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop
- 2014: Inaugural New Zealand influenza Symposium
- 2014: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2013: 8th NZ Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2012: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2011: 7th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2010: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2009: 6th NZ National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2008: National Immunisation Workshop
- 2007: 5th New Zealand National Immunisation Conference and Workshop
- 2006: National Immunisation Symposium