This all-day scientific event is for those interested in influenza and influenza immunisation in New Zealand.
With highly regarded international and local speakers, it is an excellent opportunity to meet up and get an update on all things influenza-related.
Our keynote speaker Professor Janet McElhaney will present via video link on elderly immunisation and immunosenescence, and strategies for influenza vaccinations to protect older people. Dr McElhaney has a special interest in how vaccination plays a role in preventing disability in older adults. She leads the "Vaccine Initiative to Add Life to Years" (VITALiTY) Team, an interdisciplinary research team at University of British Columbia established to identify risk factors for catastrophic disability, explore the contribution of "inflammaging", and design interventions to reduce risk of disability including vaccines.
Other topics on the day include:
- Flu in NZ and SHIVERS II update
- The international pattern of flu epidemiology
- Future directions in flu vaccines
- 2018 Influenza Campaign and the focus for 2019
- Local stories: Excellence in influenza immunisation delivery.
Registration: $100 + GST per person
* If you have more than one person you wish to register for the symposium and require an invoice for your organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are unable to refund. If closer to the time you find you are unable to attend the symposium you may wish to transfer your registration to a colleague.